I am so excited because I have read about these meme things on other peoples' blogs and I just received one today. It feels a bit like Christmas. My good friend over at lucyvpelt.blogspot.com tagged me with this. I think I'm supposed to list 5 things that I'm obsessed with.
obsession: 1. Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety. 2. A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion. 3. A perfume by Calvin Klein.
1. ICE CREAM, well duh, that one isn't hard to guess. I just finished a week long love affair with Dryer's Samoa Girl Scout Cookie ice cream and it was worth every stinkin' calorie!
2. Internet. I am so ashamed of this one. I will spend disgusting amounts of time "checking" things and suddenly I will look at the clock and gasp as I run to see what my kids are doing (destroying). I am trying to be better about this and set time limits for myself. I'll turn it off just as soon as I check one more thing.... I promise.
3. Other Peoples' Stuff. I LOVE yard sales and thrift stores and bags of free stuff from other people. Most people think that it is because I'm a penny pincher (I am) but mostly it is because I love other peoples' stuff. I fantasize of inheriting an old lady's attic.
4. Old Movies. I will not rest until I have seen every black and white movie out there. I am particularly obsessed with remakes. Did you know the movie "You've Got Mail" was a remake 5 times over, and one of those was a musical? Hollywood recycles.
5. Crazy Schemes. I have a million great ideas that are bound to make me independently wealthy. I think 'em up and then I sit on my butt, eating ice cream, "checking" the Internet, wondering why I haven't been discovered and paid for all of my awesome ideas. As it was best said in Dilbert: "I'm more of an idea rat".
So, I think now I'm supposed to tag someone else with a meme. I don't know if I know anyone who hasn't done one already... hmmmm. Lets try these:
Gee, I need more blogging friends. TAG, YOU'RE IT