Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Getting a Higher Education

Yay! I'm so happy to see that I've been tagged for a meme by Jen from Lords of The Manor. I'm especially glad because it is late and I don't have the wherewithal to think up a stimulating post at the moment. Here are the details:
Devise a list of 5-10 courses you would take to fix your life. It’s more fun to be in classes with friends, so include one class from the person who tagged you that you’d also like to take. Tag five.

Self Restraint 101. From saying the wrong things to spending too much money, I would really like to be less impulsive. (Jen, I would take this with you. Maybe it would help me keep my foot out of my mouth.)

Parenting With Hypnosis. Wouldn't this just make it all so much easier. You are getting sleepy, and when you awake you will be unable to roll your eyes and love cleaning your room.

Building Addictions To Housework. This would be a pharmaceutical class that would facilitate the use of synthesised hormones that have been found in women who love to clean. It would also teach how to use aversion therapy to train the body to not enjoy sitting and reading a good book, or watching a great black and white movie. (Ok, this one sounds more like a therapy than a class).

Remembering Names 101. Course work would include: How not to forget a name in 5 minutes, How not to forget a name even after you've heard it 15 times, and how not to mix up names ALL the time simply because they have a similar letter somewhere in them.

Remembering Anything 201. This class if for people who already know how to use a calendar but need help in actually looking at what they have written on their calendar. It would also teach how to remember to put your keys on their special little hook, and how to remember that if you suddenly find you have an unexpected amount of free time it is because you have forgotten something that you have scheduled with someone.
Wow, if there really are classes like these I need to hurry up and find them. I can just imagine how awesome I would be after taking classes like these. Pardon me while I day dream. ZZZZZzzzzzz
Now to tag someone else. Hmmmmm. Lets see what you've got:

6 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Remembering Names 101 is the one that resonates with me the most. Not because I don't need any of the others, but because this one is one of my pet peeves. I. Can. Not. remember any names. Grr.

Good meme - this is my first time seeing it :)

Heidi

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Sign me up for addictive housework too!

Scribbit said...

I'd add walking with good posture. I seem to slouch all the time lately!

Sonja said...

Well, you know what? I'd enroll in all these classes. Except maybe remembering names. I'm okay at that. My class list will be posted shortly. As you can see, I'm having a hard time keeping my "go to be on time" habit". :? Eeek.

An Ordinary Mom said...

This post is going to be hard to beat!

Hope you had a Happy Halloween!

cindy kay said...

Okay, I've got my classes listed! Come check it out.