Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Scoop On The Poop

(Click on picture for a bit of gross silliness)
You can just stop reading right now if you don't feel like hearing about it.
The Poopsmith is a simple guy who never talks, just spends his days shoveling poop from one pile to another. Gross, right? Well, I AM THE POOPSMITH. Or should I say, "The potty training is going well"? My dear sweet girl, the one who only used 2 diapers a day, the one who is terrified of sitting on the big toilet, the one who looks so cute running around with her bare bottom on prominent display for the whole world to see... is now the girl who poops up to 8 times a day on her little potty chair. When you include the peepee, I am dumping and cleaning that horrid little potty chair bucket upwards of 12 times a day. So, when you call me and say, "So, what are you up to these days?" And I respond with a despondent, "Ohhhh... you know, just the usual mom stuff." Please don't ask anymore questions. And unless you want to sit through my 3 hour tirade on POOP, do NOT ask how the potty training is going.
(Sorry, Sis, Wendy, and Sarah. I should have given you this warning before you all called yesterday.)
Now, if you don't mind, I am off to check the potty chair again, to say, "Good job, sweetie, you did it," again, and to clean out more poop and pee... AGAIN!!! And yes, the potty training is going great, juuuuust great.

16 comments:

Montserrat said...

Potty training is my least favorite of parental duties. Good luck!

Lisa said...

Ditto-Cocoa! Least favorite!!

cindy kay said...

And you can't believe it when you hear yourself saying that you wish she wasn't getting the potty-training QUITE so well! (How in the world is she coming up with all that poop?!)

Sounds like she's just loving all the praise and attention, though. Don't forget: you're building confidence and healthy self-esteem. (said rather tongue-in-cheek. Like, couldn't we build those things some OTHER way?)

Sea Star said...

My little guy has messy diapers so many times a day I am really, really not looking forward to trying to potty train him.

At least it is going well... move her onto the big potty and you are set. Less cleaning and more celebrating.

Misty said...

Rolling on the floor in fits of giggles.....

You can return the rudenss in about 8 months or so when I am in your shoes......

Lindy said...

LOL - I feel for you, hon! I floundered in my role of psychotic cheerleeder when my oldest was needing all those "Yay!! You did it!!" incentives. My youngest is an 8-10 diaper a day boy and at least 6-7 of them are stinkies. : P

An Ordinary Mom said...

Now if Sweet Terror could share some of her enthusiasm with Cory, you and I would both be terribly happy campers :) !!

Anonymous said...

Ow, ow, ow, OUCH! Don't make me laugh like that when I have a bad back . . . this video made me laugh so hard that it hurt!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

(LOL, sorry)Can you get one of those potty seats that go on the big potty? Cleaning out little potties (especially 8 poops a day) is just annoying.

Hang in there! My DD went through the "must poop constantly" phase before finally settling down to one every day or so.

Sonja said...

Ah, poop.
It's especially hard for me do deal with when I'm pregnant. You too?

Hang in there.
Is there any way you can attatch a shopping bag or large ziploc bag under the lid, to make it disposable?

Anonymous said...

LOL! At least it's going into the potty. It could be worse!

Unknown said...

Just call me Mrs. Poopsmith....

Walter Jeffries said...

Step #1 accomplished.

Step #2: train child to clean their own potty. This is challenging and messy at first but well worth it. They rapidly graduate to using the big toilet after the task becomes boring. :)

Rynell said...

Happy Scooping!

I hated the small potty, we moved up to the regular one fairly quickly. For me, not them.

Corrine said...

Bummer! :) I feel your pain, and that is why I threw away the little potty chair! Because I think it is much more fun to clean it up off the floor! :) Good luck to you and your little one.

~ej said...

lol, when you're done with her, can you send the potty fairy to my house to entice one small pink girl into using ours?? ;-) i know, i know, she will use it eventually, but after nearly 15 yrs of buying diapers, i really just want to be DONE!