Monday, April 16, 2007

meme. whowho? youyou. meme?

I am so excited because I have read about these meme things on other peoples' blogs and I just received one today. It feels a bit like Christmas. My good friend over at lucyvpelt.blogspot.com tagged me with this. I think I'm supposed to list 5 things that I'm obsessed with.

obsession: 1. Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety. 2. A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion. 3. A perfume by Calvin Klein.

1. ICE CREAM, well duh, that one isn't hard to guess. I just finished a week long love affair with Dryer's Samoa Girl Scout Cookie ice cream and it was worth every stinkin' calorie!

2. Internet. I am so ashamed of this one. I will spend disgusting amounts of time "checking" things and suddenly I will look at the clock and gasp as I run to see what my kids are doing (destroying). I am trying to be better about this and set time limits for myself. I'll turn it off just as soon as I check one more thing.... I promise.

3. Other Peoples' Stuff. I LOVE yard sales and thrift stores and bags of free stuff from other people. Most people think that it is because I'm a penny pincher (I am) but mostly it is because I love other peoples' stuff. I fantasize of inheriting an old lady's attic.

4. Old Movies. I will not rest until I have seen every black and white movie out there. I am particularly obsessed with remakes. Did you know the movie "You've Got Mail" was a remake 5 times over, and one of those was a musical? Hollywood recycles.

5. Crazy Schemes. I have a million great ideas that are bound to make me independently wealthy. I think 'em up and then I sit on my butt, eating ice cream, "checking" the Internet, wondering why I haven't been discovered and paid for all of my awesome ideas. As it was best said in Dilbert: "I'm more of an idea rat".

So, I think now I'm supposed to tag someone else with a meme. I don't know if I know anyone who hasn't done one already... hmmmm. Lets try these:

thecornwallfamily.blogspot.com
danplayerfamily.blogspot.com

Gee, I need more blogging friends. TAG, YOU'RE IT

2 comments:

  1. I think we are all addicted to the Internet. No need to be ashamed about that, or any of your other obsessions :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, be ashamed, very ashamed. :) Even though I know you, it's still so fun to read your response to the meme. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, feed my comment addiction. You know you want to, you enabler, you.