Monday, April 16, 2007

Hey Everybody, It's Family Night!

I can't remember who first sent this to me, but I LOVE it! Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEFE3B0Rje0

The sad part is that my car looks worse than this. It is sad that I am willing to curl my legs underneath me, in my Sunday dress, rather than clean out the car so that I have room for my legs. So, I feel inspired to use this video as a valuable Family Home Evening lesson.

Opening Song: Quickly I'll Obey (CSB #197) or use this link and the computer plays the piano for you.
http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=2&searchseqstart=197&searchsubseqstart=b&searchseqend=197&searchsubseqend=b

Scripture: Teach them to never be weary of good works (Alma 37:34)

Poem: "Thank You, Heavenly Father" by Mabel Jones Gabbott
Today the storm roars through the skies;
The young green trees bend to its will.
But I remember yesterday—
The skies were warm, the leaves were still.
One day I helped Dad clean the car
And thought we’d never get it done.
But now when I remember it,
It wasn’t hard—’twas more like fun.
The next time when the skies are dark
Or I have something hard to do,
I will remember storm clouds pass;
Each task once done gets easier too.
How glad I am for memory.
I thank Thee for this gift to me.

Jobs
Mom: Put away items that go back in house.
Dad: Vacuum
Cookie: Pick up garbage
Pablo: Wash surfaces
Monster Man: Stay out of Cookie's way and help mom
Sweet Terror: Be Godzilla, boss every one, torture Monster Man, and mess up all our hard work

Closing song: When We're Helping (CSB #198) or
http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=2&searchseqstart=197&searchsubseqstart=b&searchseqend=197&searchsubseqend=b

Treat: Get in clean car and go out for ice cream. NO ICE CREAM ALLOWED IN CAR, AND YOU BETTER WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE YOU TOUCH ANYTHING



****We are also going to set a goal for a new family habit: Never leave the car messy, take it all in with you. I'll let you know how the car looks next Monday ;)

1 comment:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Fun post and what a great FHE idea. I love the names you chose for the little ones :) !! Very fitting.