Saturday, November 10, 2007

Eggs

Mmmmmm, eggs. So tasty and useful in so many ways. How do I love thee eggs? Let me count the ways:
1. Pouched in Eggs Benedict.
2. Fried in the middle of a piece of toast.
3. Deviled
4. Creamy in my Creme Brulee
5. Baked in my delicate White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle cheesecake that I ate just 4 hours ago while visiting with my wonderful friend,
An Ordinary Mom.
6. Holding my herbed bread crumbs onto my tender chicken breasts.
7. Separated for Angel Food cake and rice pudding.
8. Crushed shells fertilizing my plants.
9. Hollow shells filled with confetti for a practical joke.
10. Raw, passing from spoon to spoon in a relay race.

How do I not like thee? Let me count the ways:
1. Dripping all over the back of my car when my daughter steps on your carton (no, she should not have been back there).
2. Broken on my floor because I tried to carry four of you in one hand.
3. Broken on my walls because my boys thought you would be a great baseball.
4. Rotten because I hid you in my closet and forgot about you when I was 6.
5. Sticky, crushed shells all over my carpet because Sweet Terror took you out of the garbage to play.
6. BUT THE WAY I DISLIKE YOU MOST IS WHEN YOU'VE BEEN THROWN AT MY HOUSE, HIGHER THAN I CAN POSSIBLY REACH, ABOVE MY WINDOWS SO THAT I HAVE NASTY STICKY DRIPS THAT MAKE ME WANT TO THROW UP WHEN I OPEN MY BLINDS.


If I ever find the little rats that did this I am going to use my entire Costco size package of toilet paper on their house. I wouldn't egg them back, though, because that would just be juvenile.

8 comments:

Montserrat said...

YUCK!!! That's one plus about living in the country, people are afraid of getting buckshot in their hiney so they don't attempt things like that.

Family Adventure said...

Oh no, did that actually happen? No. 6? That's just downright nasty!

Heidi

Kellan said...

I had a egg thrown at my car this last week. I LOVE deviled eggs - the way I make them. Nice thoughts about eggs! See ya.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Are you serious? I am so sorry, especially in your current state where smells bother you. The hoodlums deserve your wrath!

At least we enjoyed our cheesecake last night :) !!

otherwise known as Sam said...

Eeek! Those scoundrels...
You have a nack for bringing out the positive in things, however. I enjoy eating eggs in all the ways you do, and wish that I could have had a piece of that cheesecake.
:D

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. Yuck!

I like eggs a lot more than my hubby, so I don't usually make them unless it is just me and the kids for some reason. Though, I did just discover omlets!! (He likes them, too!)

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Oh yuck!

Our street is pretty quiet, but 2 streets down someone got egged & haven't cleaned it up since Halloween night! YUCKY.

Anonymous said...

How revolting. I agree that I would prefer to see eggs in a creme brulee rather than stuck to the outside of my house. Hope it doesn't smell too bad :(