Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Totally Enjoying Life

This is what happens when getting Sweet Terror ready for a trip is a combined family effort. =)

Aaaaahhhh, life has been so good lately. It is pretty much a fact that anytime we take a vacation it will rain on us the whole time, no matter what the weather woman says, no matter what time of year we go, and no matter how far we drive. These last few days have been a lovely exception and we have had a blast. We drove over to Port Angeles:
Mr. Hotness had a job interview over there (We have no clue what is going to happen. Basically, they found him and asked him to interview. It is a much higher position, slightly higher pay, but we aren't sure we want to move.) It is a cute city, we had lots of fun playing at the park while Mr. Hot was at the interview. Then everyone but the pregnant lady who refused to buy a swimsuit, that would only be used maybe twice before never needing it again, played and had a blast in the pool. (I dared Mr. Hotness to wear his wet suit in the pool. He almost always takes my dares... unless I dare him to eat the whole baby squid at the all you can eat Chinese buffet.)



The kids thought that watching *gasp* TV was the best thing ever and gorged themselves on SpongeBob and PBS till bedtime. The next morning we decided to drive around the rest of the peninsula and stop at the beach. On our way out we stopped for bagels at the Olympic Bagel Company. Ok, folks, now I'm really really wishing I had taken photos of these bagels. I cannot believe they don't have photos on their web site. These bagels were DA BOMB!!!!! I don't remember the last time I ate so many bagels. And every single calorie that I forced into my body was totally worth it. The family favorite was a bagel called Apple Crunch. It was a slightly sweet bread bagel that was covered in an apple juice glaze, topped with large sugar crystals, with a carmelized apple ring baked right on top. Oh, my heavens, it was heavenly. They had a pesto bagel that had a huge wedge of artichoke heart, half of a sundried tomato, topped with a slice of provolone cheese baked right on top. There were so many different flavors and all were so very good. I bought an extra 1/2 dozen for the ride home and almost ate them all myself. If we ever do move to Port Angeles I may just have to rename this blog My Bagel Diary. Droooooooooool. After that, our first stop was Crescent lake. We just stopped long enough to throw in a million rocks, take photos of each other, and take some for a Korean family, eat another bagel, or two, and head back out.
After the bagel feast we had to work off some of those calories by playing at the beach. The first beach we stopped at was rocky and beautiful. The kids had so much fun exploring and climbing.

That last one there is a self portrait, because I'm too ridiculously vain to post a pregnant photo of myself. I know, so silly.

After the rocky beach we drove only about a mile or two south and found a lovely sandy beach (where yesterday's photo was taken) and we all had a blast chasing the waves and getting sand in ever crevice of our bodies.

Yeah, we had a total blast!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lovely vacation! And your yesterday's beach photo was gorgeous!! I'm jealous. I'm glad it was beautiful weather for you though, I always get rain on my vacations too :)

And I love Sweet Terror's outfit! My youngest came out in shorts and snow boots a few days ago and I thought it was absolutely appropriate for the crazy weather we've been having lately!

and thanks for your comments on my blog this morning, there will be more on Thursday if I get working on that post, although right now I'm not even supposed to be at the computer--my kids are at Grandma's so I can clean out all their clothes and toys today.

An Ordinary Mom said...

It sounds (and looks like) you had an incredible family vacation! What a great thing to be able to do before life changes at the end of June when you add a new little one to the bunch.

That bagel shop sounds divine, yum! And Sweet Terror's outfit? What a classic, I am sure you were proud of her :) !!

Lucy van Pelt said...

I'm ready for my bagel right now! Your photos are exceptional. We'd hate it if you moved that far away, but we'd totally come visit you too.

Laura's Linoleum said...

How fun! I've got to plan a family vacation like that sometime.

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! Sounds like a great vacation! I would love to see pregnant pics...I completely understand, though. Just went through it and everyone one thought I was cute...but I just felt...large.

The bagels sound yummy!

Laura's Linoleum said...

BY THE WAY.... DID I GUESS RIGHT THE SILHOUETTES IN THE PICTURE FROM YOUR LAST POST?

Mia said...

I love that part of Washington. I visited Seattle over Christmas and drove my hubby around the sound and up the coast. It is such a beautiful place. It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation and great weather which is a treat for a family vacation!

Amy Y said...

Sounds perfect!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for the new job... if you want it. :)

Charlotte said...

How much do I miss Crescent Lake??? That used to be Jason's and my "special spot." Awwww.... Looks like a fun vacay:)

CC said...

Great pics! I've been to Port Angeles a few times. When waiting (and waiting and waiting) for the ferry to Victoria.

Lisa said...

How fun for all of you! It all looks beautiful!!

Awesome Mom said...

My all time favorite place to camp is in the Olympic National Forrest. It is such an amazing and beautiful place.

Becky said...

How fun, we love it over there. I wish I would've known, I have a maternity swimsuit to get rid of, totally cute, tankini, covers my big pregnant belly (when I was pregnant) but I won't need it again. When are you due? Do you want me to mail it to you? Plus I think there is still a playgym thing in my mom's backyard waiting for you...and if we got a job offer there, we would move in a heartbeat, in fact, maybe I will start looking.....

Richelle said...

Sounds like a great weekend. The bagels sound great! Even though not much sounds very appetizing to me right now. :)

just jamie said...

LOVE all the photos. It looks like such a great trip. You've got me all craving bagels now and stuff...

Jeanette said...

Those bagels sound amazing!
You know, we lived in Seattle for about two years and we talked about going out to Port Angeles but never did. Seeing all your pictures really makes me wish we had! Oh well, We'll be back in the area some day I'm sure.

Annie said...

Fun!

Tama said...

(sigh) I miss Washington so much! I love it there and wish that we hadn't moved away. It looks like the weather was dreamy for you as well--very Un-Washington like.

Michal said...

it sounds like a great trip. and i am drooling over those bagels. good luck deciding what to do with the job offer.

Anonymous said...

What a fun vacation! Your kiddos are just cuter than cute and look like they had a ball! Love your self portrait too :D

Sonja said...

We love Crescent Lake! AND the beaches (both rocky and sandy)! AND bagels!
Port Angeles is a great little place. We have some friends there. Still, I know that having a new baby and the thought of moving (even just down the street) can be a lot!

I'm so glad the weather was nice! I love the self portrait and ST's outfit. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the stone self portrait (tho I bet the real thing is beautiful!) and also the poignant pic of your boy looking out at sea from his perch atop the rock. too cute!

Allison said...

Hi - I'm visiting from "Scribbit" - like the looks of your blog and these photos are wonderful. Makes me long for the beach! Come visit my site anytime. Allison