She has come a long way from those chubby cheeks and little pony tails, hasn't she? This is my friend Tiffany and I love her to bits. We have spent every waking moment reliving old memories and getting caught up on each other's lives. I mentioned earlier that we were raised like twins and have a lot of those uncanny twin parallels in our lives so here is a list I'm making of all the things we've recently found we have in common:
1. We both were "waiting for missionaries" when we met and married our husbands.
2. We both skipped the dating period and had very short engagements to our husbands.
3. Ok, in order to avoid redundancy just pretend that each sentence following begins with, "We both..." have Registered Nurses for Mother-in-laws and husbands who work with computers.
4. Gave birth naturally.
5. Have a ten year old and an 8 year old (and the rest of our kids are very close in age)
6. Had to care for our families when our mothers were depressed (mine after my dad's death, and hers after her mom's divorce) and then chew our moms out for not doing their job.
7. Married at 19
8. Both movie fanatics (In a very big way).
9. We both struggle with changing out of our pajamas before our husbands get home from work.
10. We both have super smart 1st children and then learning disabled 2nd children.
11. We both like to look nice but don't think our lives need to revolve around, or be determined by our looks or fashion (this is unique for Tiffany in her family).
12. When Tiffany saw the lizard tattoo on my foot she started laughing because she has always wanted a lizard tattoo on her foot.
There are many more but I'm off to play so I will try to add to this list later. But the best part of all is that after 16 years apart we feel as comfortable with each other as if we were never apart.