Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Spirit of Christmas

I'm one of those that truly believes that Christmas should be a year long feeling of peace, joy, goodwill, and love for our fellow man. I also believe that Christmas goodies should be enjoyed year round as well. I want to thank the ice cream makers of Ben and Jerry's for helping a small part of my dream come true by way of their heavenly Peanut Brittle ice cream. I've had really good peanut brittle (my mom's) and really nasty peanut brittle (the kind you buy from kids selling door to door for a school fund raiser). This is the really good kind, mixed in vanilla ice cream with a caramel swirl. It's like waking up to snow flakes drifting past your window and sneaking into your stocking before your parents wake up on Christmas morning. Oh yeah, it's all kinds of good.

Ben, Jerry, I want to thank you for making this wonderful flavor. It totally makes up for your disastrous Boston Cream Pie flavor (GAG!). What went wrong with that anyway? How can you screw up cake, chocolate, and pastry creme? Why does it taste like 5 different chemicals I might use to clean my sink or paint my wall?

The only thing they could have done to improve this yummy Peanut Brittle ice cream would be to give it a fun name. Even a simple "Granny's Homemade Peanut Brittle" would have been something. Or "Brittle Spears" ('cause we all know Britney is nuts), or "Brittle White" (Betty just did SNL so she's totally hip, and probably has brittle hips). Do you guys need help naming your flavors? If so, just give me call. I'm also available for taste testing and flavor consulting. Seriously, guys, what are you waiting for?

What would you name this awesome ice cream?

5 comments:

Sherilyn -Dominee Huisvrouw said...

It seems like it's been a long time since you've blogged about ice cream... welcome back! :)

Amber M. said...

Brittle Spears??? You're killing me. What a fun way to start my day!

Patricia L Eaton said...

Ok... I just sent B&J a twitter, FB post and an email telling them to hire you... because I would have bought the Ice Cream if it said Brittle Spears... cuz we are all a little nuts. LOL Seriously, why aren't you working for them yet? You describe the ice cream so deliciously... I HAVE to find it now! That and the Blondie one you talked about

Michal said...

Hmmm, how can I top Brittle Spears? They should have used that one. Now I really have to try it, and I don't think I would have considered it before your post. They really should hire you.

Ice Cream Machine said...

LOL @ Brittle spears. The way you described that Boston Cream Pie was kind of hilarious I can't imagine what it tasted like (good thing too!) I personally love Chunky Monkey ^_^